Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I guess we have to eat





Dinner.
I hate dinner. Probably because of my overly picky husband and child. Jameson eats no more than 10 foods in this world. I know what you are thinking- make him eat something and just don't back down. He doesn't work that way. He refused to eat it and once he sat in his chair for over an hour because he refused to eat it.
I don't want to be that mom. I just end up wasting my time and money if he refuses to eat the food.
Same with my husband. He won't eat warm fruit, any veggies except cucumbers (which he has to be in the mood for. Last one he ate was in 2008). He doesn't like yogurt, cream cheese and hates cheesecake. He doesn't like beans, fish or any type of healthy food. Here is his diet- steak, potatoes, cheese, chips, pizza, chicken, spaghetti and toast. Coffee is a must. Coke Zero. And pretty much any type of sweet imaginable.
And to top it off- he has been losing weight with this sham of a diet.
My diet pretty much ended a week after i started it. I am still taking portion control under consideration. But i totally inhaled that Smore's cupcake the other day.

What i don't like about dinner is the rut we seem to get ourselves in. We seem to eat the same kind of dinners every week. Spaghetti casserole one night, swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes the next. Frozen pizza at some point. Maybe a chicken dish- pasta afredo or something. Same old, same old.
We try and spruce it up with brinner one night. which is cool. but now brinner is on the dinner list every week. Blech.

I wish my little family was more open minded. I love salads, indian food, greek food. I would happy with a big plate of roasted green beans and some grape tomatoes.

I need a little inspiration. I try and look at Food Network for recipe tips and ideas for the next week's worth of meals. I am stay at home mom so having a home cooked meal shouldn't be one of scarcity and legend.

I'm gonna just throw it out there- What do you like to have for dinner?

2 comments:

  1. No tacos? No enchiladas? I mean, you can go nuts eating pasta and pasta-related foods.

    Time to trade them both in on new models.

    Oh, and by-the-way, be that mother. If he won't eat it, fine -- wrap it up and give it to him for breakfast. Send him to bed without supper. As our pediatrician has said -- no child will starve themselves to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacos and spanish rice? That sounds good. Thanks, Newt!
    I will admit as many times as i have made enchiladas they never come out right! Its one of those foods I can't seem to make.
    But my momma's enchiladas- well those are divine.

    ReplyDelete