Monday, October 5, 2009

Next month

So my momma has been gracious enough to spring for tickets for Jameson, Dave and I to go to Texas next month for Turkey Day. We're there for a week! I am so excited!
I havent seen my mom since last December. We talk to her everyday 2-3 times a day. Jameson loves his "yaya". He talks to her about his day, what he had for lunch or dinner, where he went that day, what book he is reading. He loves "Yaya phone" time. He has his own fake cell phone that he pushes button to and "calls" her. He sits there and talks and babbles on about lions and cows and dinosaurs and his favorite thing in the whole world is to play the game "What does ____ say?"

Jameson: Yaya, what does cow say?

Yaya: I don't know baby, what?

Jameson: *throws his head back for full effect* Me-ewww! (Not Moo but me-eww.)

And by God he loves his uncle. My brother is one of those guys who wouldnt dare say he likes kids or wants kids but he is great with kids. He loves to play with Jameson. And he spoils him like crazy. Anywhere he goes, he gets him trains or animals or anything he thinks Jameson will love. Truth is you could give Jameson a cardboard box and he would think it's the best toy in the world.
I am sure we will see my extended family. My mom has 11 brothers and sisters. Yup. She was 5th oldest i believe. I really don't remember how many cousins I have. Around 50 first cousins i think. And wayyyy too many second cousins to count. I am probably related to most of Mexico, let's put it that way.
So i am sure we will have a huge Thanksgiving spread that will rival most hotels. Probably a couple of turkeys, ham, tamales, tons of pies, more salads you could ever dream of. Everyone usually brings stuff. Once i think we had a goat for Thanksgiving brought to us.
Then we usually all watch football. My uncles get drunk and get loud. The kids play in the spare rooms or if its nice (and it's South Texas so it will be 85 probably that day) they play outside in the backyard. The ladies sit around the table and slowly eat 5 kinds of pies. Then gossip as they clean up.
My family has it's problems. But it's so much fun usually for that one day to just eat and laugh and enjoy my big fat Mexican family.
I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment